Tuesday, April 12, 2011

KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE : APRIL 2011 : LODGING AND DINING

There are several motels in downtown Knoxville and many more a few miles out. There are several at exit 108 on I-75 just north of downtown and at exit 378 on I-75/I-40 east of downtown.
---



Patrick Sullivan's Steak House in Old City...we didn't eat here but I liked the photos of the "ladies" in the upstairs window.


Old City : There were two areas where we ate. The first was in the historic Old City which is in downtown Knoxville. This is where the nightlife and there are several clubs and restaurants (some which don’t open until late so check hours before you go). We got New Jersey style pizza at DaVinci’s Pizzeria and Calzones. We asked what makes a pizza New Jersey style and were told that it was the owner’s mother’s recipe and she lives in New Jersey. It was good no matter what state you’re in or from. Old City is located near the intersection of N. Central St. and W. Jackson Ave.

Market Square : The other area we ate in was in Market Square in downtown Knoxville. There is a little area with a closed street that has several restaurants and shops. We ate wonderful lunch at the Market Square Kitchen which sadly will be closing at the end of this month.

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed, I have to say. Really rarely ever do I face a blog that's equally educative and entertaining, and enable me notify you, you might have hit the nail on the head. Your concept is excellent the issue is something that not sufficient people are talking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled throughout this in my look for for some thing referring to this.
    lodging knoxville
    cabins in knoxville

    ReplyDelete