I didn’t want to just go see the quilt show, I wanted to have a quilt in it. The guidelines aren’t difficult, but they do only accept quilts over 36” x 36”, and I don’t have many that size or larger, so I made a quilt just to enter in the show. Once the quilt was finished and accepted, we started planning our trip.
Me and "Twilight Descends" hanging out with some other quilts at the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show
Since Sisters is 2200 miles from Yellow Springs, we decided that we also wanted to visit Porland and San Francisco. Then we found out that Yosemite National Park is less than a 4-hour drive from San Francisco, so we decided go there, also. While I was researching places to visit between San Francisco and Portland, I discovered that Corvallis, home of Oregon State University, holds a festival called “DaVinci Days” where one of the main attractions is a Kinetic Sculpture Race. And of course we wanted to see the Pacific Ocean in both California and Oregon, so we planned to have some time at the coast.
- Fly from Dayton to San Fran, stay at Pigeon Point Lighthouse
- Drive to Jamestown, stay one night there
- Go to Yosemite, stay one night there
- Drive back to San Francisco, stay four nights
- Drive along the California coast up CA-1, stay in Ferndale
- Drive to Oregon, stay in Grant’s Pass
- Visit Crater Lake, stay in Redmond
- Visit the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show
- Visit Silver Falls, drive to Portland, stay 3 nights
- Drive to the Oregon Coast, visit Astoria, stay in Seaside
- Drive south, stay in Depoe Bay
- Drive to Corvallis, visit the DaVinci Days Festival
- Drive to Seattle, fly home to Dayton
I plan on posting about the above places, including some of the 600+ photos we took, so check back in a few days!